health and safety is our top priority
Molds are microscopic organisms that live on plant or animal matter. Present virtually everywhere, they can be found growing on organic material such as soil and foods. In order to reproduce, molds produce spores, which spread through air, water and insects. These spores act like seeds and can form new mold growth if conditions are right.
Mold will grow and multiply under the right conditions, needing only sufficient moisture (e.g., in the form of very high humidity, condensation, or water from a leaking pipe, etc.), and organic material (e.g., ceiling tile, drywall, paper, or natural fiber carpet padding).
Exposure to mold can cause health effects in some people. Most common effects are allergic responses from breathing mold spores. These allergic responses include hay fever, asthma and eye, nose & throat irritation. We cannot say how much mold is too much as reactions to allergens can vary greatly depending on individual sensitivity.
Any extensive indoor mold growth should be treated as a potential health concern and removed as soon as practical no matter what species of mold is present.